27/10/2011

Cold-air-intake


My cold-air-intake (CAI) was made from washing machine hose, plastic right-angle water pipe connector,pvc cable tie and U-Hu glue. Yeap! cheapskate but effective. It began when I started experimenting with a open pod air filter. While dismantling the original air filter box, I noticed other than the main outlet to the fore air funnel, it has a small outlet covered by a rubber seal. I said they must have made it for some reason and not to drain water. I found the open pod air filter unit gave excellent high-end performance but my preference was low-end torque so the open pod air filter unit was sold and the original air filter box refitted but not before I exploited the small outlet for a CAI. The washing hose came to my mind and because it was quite long, I managed to centre the other end in front of the radiator. I capped the front socket with a water pipe connector to face the front secured by U-Hu glue plus 2 cable ties. It still hasn't move till today.

No comments:

Post a Comment