21/10/2011

An introduction


Putt-Putt is a cartoon car character I am fond of so I named my ride "Putt-Putt". She was purchased new on 22.9.2003 without the full bodykit, the latter representing the popular version by a large margin but I specifically wanted a sleeker rather than sportier look. The cleaner look was further accentuated when the suspension system was reduced. She now squats cat-like wanting to pounce. This model comes in a few colours yet its aggressive lines looks right in black. Black is also the most popular choice among KIA Spectra owners by a ratio of 5:1 said my salesman. Customization was not to be better than the other Joe but firstly to improve handling, secondly, for performance, at the same time, make it pleasurable to drive, safer plus more responsive to handle emergencies. Money doesn't grow on trees for me so cosmetic beautification was given a back seat. No way can I out-do what some  can afford and splurge on their ride as if there is no tomorrow. Cars generally perform worse over time, not this car! Through gradual modifications, my ride today is now noticeably peppy than when first bought and I enjoy the fruits of my labour daily, this being my only car. Being not of the expensive bracket, it is easier to mingle among the crowd. I have driven better cars but for all her shortcomings, this ride, I like very much. Call it love!

BRIEF
KIA Spectra LS
GA6D 16V MI-TECH DOHC 1594cc
Torque 108ps(7000rpm)
Power 14.6kg.m(4500rpm) 
Torque/Power after customization:Unknown
CKD 2003

UPDATE
I accidentally lost many original photos of my car when I deleted my FB page on her and only managed to salvage some.

No comments:

Post a Comment